What is AGS?
A group of jewelers established an organization called the American Gem Society (AGS) in 1934. And one of its founding members, Robert M. Shipley, is also the founder of the Gemological Institute of America (GIA). Equally important, the organization’s primary goal was to help protect the consumers from deceit and malicious advertising.
Moreover, the AGS has an estimated membership of 3.400 jewelers, suppliers, retailers, affiliates, and individuals devoted to the education and protection of consumers. Additionally, the Society offers training and certifies gemologists, jewelers, and jewelry appraisers. It is also associated with the American Gem Society Laboratories (AGSL) and the American Gem Society Advanced Instruments Division, both established in 1996 and 2004, respectively.
Since its inception, the AGS has achieved many notable achievements in the field of jewelry and gemology. Here, we discuss some of its accomplishments.
- Created the industry’s premier scientifically proven, objective, and reputable Cut Grade technique.
- Provided the industry’s first diamond grading review with Cut Grade for diamond shapes such as Princess, Emerald, Oval, and many more.
- Developed the ideal Cut Grade for diamonds with a Round Brilliant shape, often referred to as the Triple Zero Cut or the AGS Ideal.
The majority of AGS’ function is through the AGS Laboratories, which provide various laboratory services to its members in the jewelry industry. Services include:
- Grading services where diamonds are evaluated according to the 4Cs: Carat Weight, Color, Clarity, and Cut
- Laser engraving, using a microlaser beam. AGS can engrave text or logo on the stone.
We BUY AGS Certified (Graded) Diamonds
Do you have an AGS certified (graded) diamond that you’re not using anymore and want out of your hands? If so, don’t hesitate to sell them at Nevada Coin Mart – the biggest buyer of graded diamonds in Las Vegas today. We are home to GIA-certified gemologist that know and understand the true value of certified diamonds. Moreover, our team offers free in-store evaluation for your piece using a state-of-the-art Thermo Scientific Niton X-Ray Spectrometer. Doing so allows for transparency, making it possible for us to give you the best deals that your items deserve.
For more information about selling AGS Diamonds, visit us at Nevada Coin Mart® 4065 S. Jones Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89103 or call us up at 702-998-4000. We are open 365 times a year from 9 am to 6 pm.